Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Favorites!

Sorry for the absence this week, but it was Hurricane Matthew's fault! We went to the next county over to stay with family to get a little bit more inland than where we live and avoid the worst of the storm. However, Matthew hit a lot of places pretty hard that were not under mandatory (or even voluntary) evacuation orders. We lost power for about 36 hours, and the Verizon cell tower for the area has been down from overnight last Friday when the storm hit up until yesterday afternoon. And everyone's wifi in the area has been down, too. So, no blogging for this girl. Savannah took a pretty hard hit, and clean-up will take a while. But we are so thankful that God took care of us and that all we had to do was replace our fridge/freezer food. So many people had, and still have, it a lot worse than us.

So let's get to some favorites!

Water & Electricity!
It is crazy how much we take for granted and how quickly we can lose all of our comforts. It was humbling to have to carry around flashlights and boil a pot of water on the grill to use for bathing.

Quality Family Time



As I mentioned, we stayed at family's house during the storm and a couple days after. There were 6 adults, 2 teenagers, 2 kiddos, a toddler, and a baby. It was crazy but fun to get to spend time together. The little ones had a great time playing together and keeping each other occupied without electricity.

This Book


I have been wanting to get into the Killing series by Bill O'Reilly. Last week, I finally got Killing Kennedy, and I loved it. I could not put it down and can't wait to check out the other books.

A DIY Project


I have not quite finished yet, but I have been working on a little project. Thanks to a neighbor's debris from Hurricane Matthew, I was able to get a few branches of magnolia leaves. I preserved them and am making a wreath. So excited about how it's turning out so far. 

All Things Halloween 
My mom bought the boys new Halloween pjs, and I was telling Wells that you say "Trick or Treat" on Halloween, My new favorite thing is hearing him say "Tricky Treat!!!" :)
  
I'm glad to be back in the blogging swing of things and can't wait to read all your Friday Favorites!


Linking up with AndreaErika, & Narci.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your magnolia wreath!! I've been wanting to make one so i'm excited to see yours.

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to post a shot of the final product! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!