Monday, September 26, 2016

Let's Talk Entertainment

Yes, I already posted today (Weekending here). But I forgot about today's Let's Talk link-up with Andrea and Erika. After looking at everyone else's posts, I had a serious case of FOMO...and here I am, double posting on a Monday. #whatislife?

Today's topic is Entertainment!

Movies
So, Eric and I hardly ever go to the movies. It is a serious rarity. So for me to gab about new movies would be pointless and probably embarrassing for us all. But, old favorites? Most certainly. Here are a few of my all-time favorites.

Did you know Thor was actually Det. Goren from Law & Order? Because he totally is.
My mom was an 80s teen, so we grew up with an appreciation for the movies she loved. From a young age, we could quote (but probably shouldn't have) The Goonies, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Adventures in Babysitting, and so on. You get the picture. These continue to be some of my all-time favorite movies (and unfortunately, Eric does not exactly share my love for them - except the Goonies. #becausewhodoesnt).

No. No, they do not.

My older sister is almost 7 years older than me, so I also watched a few 90s movies as a kid that were not really aimed at kids my age :) These also continue to be favorites - we're talking Clueless, Night at the Roxbury, Now and Then, and The Wedding Singer. Gosh, they just don't make them like that anymore. Please tell me I am not the only one with deep love for these flicks.


I have plenty more favorites from more current years, too :) but these are the movies that will always remind me of family and give me all the good feels.

TV Shows
Eric and I like to watch a couple of current shows together when we have time. Modern Family, The Goldbergs, and Blackish. Apparently we like a comedy. He had to really convince me to watch the pilot of The Walking Dead. This is SO not my kind of thing, but by the end of the first episode, I was all "I have to watch more." We binge watched the first 5 seasons like nobody's business in the end of 2015, basically whenever Wells was asleep (Grayer was still in my belly - so we only had to work around one baby's schedule back then. Ha! #didntknowhoweasywehaditbackthen).

Bev Goldberg. She gets me. :)
Like every other woman on the planet it seems, I watched the premier of This Is Us last week and loved it. I will definitely be tuning in again. We also caught the premier of Designated Survivor and liked it, too.

Radio
I am fully aware that I am about to sound ancient and boring, but 80% of the time, I am listening to talk radio in the car (Eric is the same way). We like to be very informed, and we are very political people (whatever that means). The other 20% of the time, though, we listen to anything from pop to country to Christian music.

Books


I love Sophie Kinsella books. I just read my first Liane Moriarty book and thoroughly enjoyed it. She is on my list of must-read authors now, along with Emily Giffin. And I am planning to start reading the Killing... series by Bill O'Reilly.  


2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!