Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What's Up Wednesday


{Joining Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday}

How in the actual world is it already time for What's Up Wednesday? How did we get to the end of April SO FAST???

[[What we're eating this week]]


Tuesday - I was planning to make this Honey BBQ Meatloaf but we ended up heading to our local Chili's because they had a Superhero Night. The boys got a free meal for wearing a superhero cape & mask, and the restaurant had a little craft table set up as well. It was a fun Tuesday night with Batman and Superman :)


Wednesday - Aforementioned meatloaf :)

Thursday - We are having friends over, so I am needing something that is a crowd pleaser and, of course, kid-friendly! I am thinking of trying out a new-to-us recipe - these Cheeseburger Tots look so yummy for adults and kids, right? 


Friday - It's my mom's birthday, so we will probably go out to celebrate!

[[What I'm reminiscing about]]

I can't really think of anything I've been reminiscing about lately...although we did have so much fun on our Sea World trip! We got a pass that gets us free admission through the end of 2018 and are planning to go back in the fall. I'm already excited!


[[What I'm loving]]

The weather! This season has been so weird for us weather-wise. But the last couple of days have been pleasant. The other night we went on a little neighborhood walk, and it was warm enough to be enjoyable but cool enough for the gnats and mosquitoes to not be swarming. That's a rarity for south Georgia this time of year!

Enjoying the weather before the stifling spring/summer heat arrives!


[[What we've been up to]]

Eric has had a hectic workload lately, the boys have been playing outside a lot, and I've been cleaning and organizing everything I can because hello nesting!!! The other day, Wells decided he wasn't tired enough for a nap, so I recruited him to scrub down cabinets with me while Grayer slept. Ha!

When you don't want to take your nap, you help mom with chores :)


[[What I'm dreading]]

Conquering the continually growing to-do list that I've been compiling. Baby #3's arrival is getting closer and closer, and I am starting to stress with all of the stuff we still have to get done!

[[What I'm working on]]

Trying to put a dent in the above to-do list :)

[[What I'm excited about]]

Planning Wells' 4th birthday party! Although, HOW IS HE ALREADY ALMOST FOUR???? He has decided he wants a sea creature birthday party, and I jumped on that (because I have no train-theme inspiration left in me!). He requested sea turtle cupcakes, and I love these ones!


[[What I'm watching/reading]]

I finished up Summer Secrets and really liked it. With all the craziness coming up then next couple of months, I'm not sure when I'll get to sit down with another book!


[[What I'm listening to]]

Y'all. I've never been happier to listen to Thomas & Friends or Daniel Tiger or WHATEVER during our car rides than I am right now! Our van's DVD player has been broken for about a month, and while we don't let the kids watch it every time we are in the car or anything, they do enjoy watching it. And since we live kind of out in the country, it takes us a little while to get to some places/run errands/etc. I am so grateful that Eric and my uncle fixed that precious device on Sunday! True story: A few weeks ago (while the DVD player was broken), I counted the number of times the boys said my name on a 25-minute drive. Any guesses? SEVENTY SEVEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I am loving having the DVD player back. #allthepraisehands

[[What I'm wearing]]

Leggings, maternity pants, any shirts I can squeeze myself into...ha! I did finally buy a couple more maternity items to hold me over for the next few weeks. But I am ready to be able to wear normal clothes again! :)


 [[What I'm doing this weekend]]

My hometown is having its annual Stand Up for America Day parade and festival. We always go every year, set up our chairs on the front lawn of my parents' church (the parade passes right in front of us), enjoy being with family and friends, watch the parade, and roam the booths and let the kids ride the small rides that are set up. Look at how small the boys are in this throwback pic of us after the 2016 parade!

2016 parade, flags a-waving!


[[What I'm looking forward to next month]]

-Finishing up the baby's nursery
-Our 36-week ultrasound
-Wells 4th birthday party (his birthday is actually in June, but I don't want to risk the baby coming early and us having to cancel the party :))
-Eric getting off for summer break!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!