Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter 2018 Recap!

We had a great Easter this year, but we were a little bit sleepy...we drove back from Sea World Saturday night and got in at like 2am Sunday morning. I figured we would all sleep in, and I was right. I woke up and laid out everyone's {color coordinating #becauseEaster} clothes and started getting ready before everyone else got up. We got ready in record time to make it to church since we had to be there early because Eric and I had nursery duty.


After church, we headed to my Granny's house for Easter lunch. It was so stinking delicious, as always. After lunch, the boys hunted eggs. 



Then they opened up their Easter baskets from my parents, and they were so excited to get fishing poles and tackle boxes! Wells went fishing for the first time at my grandma's house a couple weeks ago, and he LOVED it. So, my mom decided back then that the Easter bunny would be bringing some fishing gear in their baskets!

Wells had a few casting lessons out on the porch, and then he and Grayer both chased the bobber when my Dad would cast the pole. Silly guys.


We got back home and put the boys down for a nap (and Eric and I may have fallen asleep, too). After naps, I ran to the grocery store while the boys stayed home with Eric and played with neighbor friends outside. Once I got back home and we had dinner, we had some more Easter fun and made Resurrection Rolls!  




While they were baking, Eric did devotions with the boys. As a side note: If you're ever looking for some devotional resources, we use RightNow Media (we are a member through our church) for devotions with the boys. They have thousands of videos, from adult Bible studies (on a huge variety of topics), to children's devotionals and Christian-based shows, to worship songs. Eric usually starts with a music video with hand motions, then reads a story from the Bible and then finds a cartoon video on RightNow Media that tells the same story. Then he usually does some kind of craft (this night was Resurrection Rolls) and finishes with another song and prayer.



After devotions, we went back to our rolls to see that the marshmallows had disappeared and left the rolls EMPTY just like the tomb!


After eating some yummy rolls, we let the boys open their Easter baskets. I like to keep Easter baskets very minimal and not go overboard. I like to put in things that will actually get used and played with and not forgotten 5 seconds later. I also usually put in some kind of toy/activity for outside play (#boymomlife).

This year, the boys got bubble bath (an Easter basket staple), some snacks (as opposed to candy...because we have approximately 3000 lbs of candy from all the egg hunts we did this season), and a bird feeder & bird seed to put out in the back yard. Grayer also got this Team Umizoomi book (his new  favorite show), and I got Wells these slippers - it's so random, I know, but he has been asking for a pair of slippers since he sees me wear mine around the house all the time. He was so pumped about them and has loved wearing them around the house! :) #mylittleoldman 


All in all, we had a great Easter. Wells was old enough this year to partially understand why we celebrate Easter, and he really retained a lot of what he learned at school, in church nursery, and at home with devotions -  it's awesome to see your children start to "get it." The boys had such a fun day, and I can't believe that next year, I'll have THREE little bunnies :) 

1 comment:

  1. What a great Easter weekend. Fishing poles and tackle boxes are great gifts. I can't believe you will have three bunnies next year either. We are thinking about a third, but haven't decided yet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!