Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Our 2016 Voting Experience


We went out and voted this morning; here's the FB status I posted about it:

Our voting experience in numbers...

1 - time Grayer spit up all over Eric
2 - discreet rib jabs I gave to Eric in an effort to get him to talk a little quieter while discussing politics with those around us
3 - meltdowns Wells had because he was tired of standing
4 - times one of us had to get out of the line 
90 - minutes we waited
400 - times I wished we had done early voting
But after all was said and done and we got our "pumpkin" stickers (pumpkins & peaches look a lot alike to a toddler :) ) my heart is still happy that we got to vote as a family. We will raise our children to see voting as both a privilege and a responsibility, and we will teach them to vote for what is right, even if their voice doesn't seem to be heard or their vote doesn't seem like it counts. I love my country and am in continual prayer for its future. #election2016

 I don't really have much more to say other than to get out and vote, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I think Texas got jipped in the sticker department. We have stickers, but they are plain and boring! Nothing cute like a peach/pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's no fun!! You need to start a campaign for better stickers! I love our peach ones :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!