Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday



Joining MelShay, and Sheaffer today for What's Up Wednesday.

What we're eating this week...
Monday - Due to getting the house ready to put on the market, Eric was doing some lighting updates in the kitchen that took waaaaay longer than expected. With the kitchen breaker off for hours, I couldn't cook. So we ate out, something we hardly ever do on a weeknight.
Tuesday - Skillet Beans & Rice with Kielbasa. And even though it doesn't sound like anything spectacular, it was SO flavorful, quick, and easy. And a big win for the toddler, whose favorite meat is any type of sausage.


Wednesday - We eat at my parents' church tonight.
Thursday- Homemade General Tso's chicken with fried rice
Friday - No idea :)
Saturday - Our town's annual parade/festival is this weekend. So, we will probably grab a bite with family amidst all the festivities.

What I'm reminiscing about...
A good night's sleep. Ha! Grayer still wakes up for 2 feedings at night. And Wells was not feeling great last week (I think he was finishing cutting his 2 year molars), so he kept waking through the night, too. Silly boys. Mama needs some sleep!

What I'm loving...
This Spring weather has got me feeling a bold, pink lip. I am not usually one to go bold, but on a whim, I used Baby Lips Pink Punch this Saturday and really loved the way it looked.


What we've been up to...
Getting the house ready to put on the market. So not fun. 

What I'm dreading...
While I want our house to sell quickly, I am really not looking forward to the showings that will force us to leave the house at a moment's (or few hours) notice. 

What I'm working on...
A certain little guy's 2nd birthday is coming up very soon. Where did the time go??? Anyway, I am chugging away at planning a train-themed party for our big boy.

What I'm excited about...
Looking at houses :) While selling and buying a house is definitely a stressful time, I do LOVE looking at houses. I've been scoping out a ton online but now that our house will be listed, we can actually go and look in person. Yay!

What I'm watching/reading...
I've been reading this devotional and really liking it.


And I just started watching People's Couch online. I had no idea it could be so entertaining to watch people watching TV :)

What I'm listening to...
Lately, my Pandora has been anything from the Boys II Men station to the Brad Paisley station to the Jesus Culture station...and as always, my all-time favorite station - Whitney Houston. #balladsfordays

What I'm wearing...
I am officially back in all of my pre-baby clothes as of the last month or so. Hallelujah!

What I'm doing this weekend...
Our city's annual Stand Up For America Day parade/festival is this weekend. We always enjoy going, and I know Wells will really enjoy the parade in the morning and the fireworks that night. Last year it rained (poured, really) for the first time in the parade's history. Really hoping it stays dry this weekend!

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Getting the house on the market. It should be officially listed next Tuesday.

My favorite Mother's Day gift to give/receive...
It's hard to believe I've only had one Mother's Day on which I've been a mom. Two years ago, I was about to pop with Wells. Last year, I was a mommy of one (and about to find out about another!), and this year, I've got two little babes. Man, how quickly things change! But anyway, last year Eric surprised me with a beautiful, personalized First Mother's Day picture frame with a print of me and Wells in the hospital after his first bath. 

And in the spirit of being a mother...


The best job in the world is being a mama, but I think everyone can relate to having one of those days!!!

Don't forget to join the link-up!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!