Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Grayer is TWO Months!

So, just to be honest, Grayer is actually more like 2.5 months old. Bad mom award :)

I know I usually say something along the lines of "time flies!" or "how has another month gone by?!"...but not this time. Eric and I were just saying that we feel like Grayer has been with us waaaay longer than just 2 months. Feels like he's been here in our little family all along :) And PS - He was not in the picture taking mood. These are all we got :)







Weighs: I have no clue...his 2-month checkup is coming up on Friday (we had to reschedule it since we were out of town last week). He seems to be filling out more, and if I had to guess, I'd say he's about 12 lbs. I'm also curious to see how long he is since he had grown so much at the last appointment.
Sleeps: Grayer is a pretty good sleeper at night. He goes down around 10pm (although I am trying to bump it up a little bit earlier now) and wakes up around 1-2am to eat. Then he will sometimes not eat again until 5 or 6am. So that puts us down to only 2 feedings at night. Sometimes he throws another feed in there just to keep me on my toes :) He has had a stuffy nose the last few nights, so sleep hasn't been as sound or uninterrupted as I had gotten used to...so I am hoping his little nose clears up soon and we can get back to good sleeping! I have to be at work at 8am, so I usually feed him at least a little bit before we leave the house just so he doesn't wake up hungry in the car and scream like a wild banshee!
Eats: Like I said last month, he is not the ravenous eater that Wells was. He still eats about every 2-3 hours. He is much more of a spitter-upper than Wells was, too. We don't ever make it through a day without changing blankets or clothes at least once. I still am not exactly sure how much he eats in one sitting because he's only ever had like 2 or 3 bottles of breastmilk. Since I am only working a couple hours a few days a week, Grayer usually comes with me to my office. So, I am able to feed him during the day. My work is only a minute or so from my mom's house (where Wells is during the day), so if she happens to watch Grayer part of the day, I can just drive over and feed him since it would take the same amount of time to pump.
Wears: Grayer is wearing 0-3 month (although some of them are getting snug) and 3-month clothes. He is in a size 1 diaper...until we finish up the last box left from baby showers. Then we'll be opening the size 2 boxes :)
Plays: Grayer is quite the smiler. If you let him see your face and talk to him, he will usually smile right back. He has been very vocal lately, just cooing and babbling a ton! I have gotten out a couple of his rattles to wave at him - it'll be fun as he starts "playing" with toys like this soon. He has gotten much better at not being held 24/7 in the last week or two. We brought up an old bouncy seat that we used a little bit for Wells. He seems to really like it and will sit in it for a while in the kitchen so I can cook dinner. If he is in the right mood, he will lay on his back and coo and smile for a good amount of time, too. Grayer really likes bath time. He HATED it for the first 3 or 4 weeks, and now he loves it. He just sits there looking so relaxed and enjoying it. He even likes when I scrub his head in an effort to get all that yucky cradle cap off. Grayer is very alert and has really big, attentive eyes. It's fun to see him becoming more aware and interactive as he gets older :) He is so strong, always pushing up and standing with his little legs! Combine that with the rolling over that he started at just a couple of weeks old, and I think he is going to be an early bloomer as far as active/physical milestones go! We'll see.

We love this little guy and are excited to see him grow and develop more as the days pass. Whereas Wells' facial features look like mine and he has my brown eyes, Grayer is really starting to look a lot like Eric to me. And I think that his eyes will will stay blue like Eric's instead of turning to brown. I think the colic (that he had been having many evenings each week) pretty much peaked a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully we are on the other side of it now. He still has some fussy times (I don't know why my children are so gassy as infants!!!), but they have diminished a lot. So, here are to happy days and lots of playing for our sweet Grayer in the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!