Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Haps Lately

We have had a lot going on lately! Thus, the blog absence :) In case you're just dying to know what we've been up to, here's the haps (do I sound super cool when I say that?) with the Hankins lately:

Pool
Our neighborhood pool just opened up a couple of weeks ago so we took Wells on Friday He had so much fun! He has been in a pool on a couple of occasions (at Disney World and at a hotel), but this was his first time in a kiddie pool. It was PERFECT for him! The depth (1 foot) was just right - he walked all over the pool in his new whale float. We brought a couple of balls for him to chase around, and he had a blast. It seriously was just the cutest, and it got me so excited for all of the pool trips we will be taking this summer! 



Birthday Planning
Oh man. I firstly cannot believe that my baby is even old enough for 1st birthday planning to be happening. But secondly, I am starting to stress! I have so much to do to get ready for the party - which is a month from tomorrow! What??? Needless to day, I am going to be consumed with birthday planning for the next 30ish days :)

Being an Adult
Being an adult seriously can be the worst sometimes. Without getting into detail, Eric and I will be in lots of prayer concerning a couple of decisions we need to make in the near future.

Mother's Day
I had a great first Mother's Day! My hubby got me such a thoughtful gift - a picture framed personalized with mine and Wells' names on it that says "First Mother's Day." Inside he put a sweet picture of me and Wells after his first bath at the hospital. I love it. I don't know if Wells has made Eric more sentimental or what, but he has been hitting it out of the park when it comes to heartfelt gifts lately! (On my birthday this year, he wrote me a letter from Wells. I have never read something so sweet, and I cried and cried while reading it.)

Mother's Day 2015


More to Come...
We are at a busy time in life right now! The school where I work is almost out! Woohoo! But there are lots of events and things to do in the short week and a half left. My in-laws are coming in town next weekend, which will be a blast. And then all of the birthday festivities and planning! I am tired just thinking about all of it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!