Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Wells is THREE months!

3 Months. Say it ain't so. Here's what little big man has been up to...






At the end of his third month,Wells...
Weighs:13 lbs at his 2nd month appointment. When people ask how old he is, we always get a "he's a big boy" response. Yeah, yeah, we know ;)
Sleeps: This month, my little fella dropped a night feeding, leaving us with only ONE nighttime feeding! Woohoo! Bedtime is a little earlier now than last month, with Wells going to sleep somewhere in the 8:00 or early 9:00 hour. He wakes up to eat around somewhere in the 2:00-4:00 vicinity, depending on what time he went to sleep. He still nurses to sleep, unless he has eaten recently, in which case a paci is all he needs. I still wake him up around 6:30 for a very quick feed before we leave for work so that in case he decides to wake up for the day on the car ride to work, he isn't crying for food for 30 minutes. No one wants to start the day off that way! :) Sometimes he wakes up with us and stays awake, and sometimes he goes right back to sleep in the car - it really varies from day to day. For a while this month, Wells decided he would boycott napping. The boycott is over, but he definitely doesn't nap like a newborn anymore. More catnaps now - not the long napping he used to do.
Eats: We had quite an eventful month in this department, to say the least. Because Wells is such a big eater, I decided that I would start the supplement Fenugreek to increase my milk supply even more. I was making enough but wanted to make more. A few days after I started taking the Fenugreek, Wells went crazy! Like colic on steroids. He cried for most of that weekend. Horrible gas pains and fussiness like you wouldn't believe! I finally figured out that it may be the Fenugreek that was making him that way. Sure enough, I looked it up, and Fenugreek has that effect on about 20% of babies. I stayed home from work with him after the weekend for a day since he wasn't feeling well. I decided to give him formula for that one day so that I could pump new milk to give to my mom (because I had to dump the milk I had saved from when I was on the Fenugreek. Talk about a hard thing to do!). Wouldn't you know that my child is allergic to formula! I am really not surprised since I have allergies and was actually allergic to formula as a baby, too. Poor guy - he had a rough 4 or 5 days that week. We are back on track now, and he is feeling much better. He is still quite the eater. Such an eater, in fact, that he started cereal last week. I didn't want to give it to him yet, but he is always wanting to eat. I know it isn't a supply issue, as he has NO problems gaining weight :) He's just an eater! He is doing great with the cereal so far, and I am so excited to start making baby food that he will most likely start eating next month!
Wears: Still wearing 3-month clothes. This weekend I washed all of his 3-6 month clothes, and he is now wearing those as well. We are still using disposable diapers until we run out of the ones we were blessed with at our showers and will then attempt to switch to cloth. Wells is still in a size 2 diaper.
Plays: So fun to play with this little guy. His smile is the cutest thing ever! Eric and I love to make silly faces and voices and basically do anything to get a smile out of him. He also laughed for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It is not a regular thing yet, but when he does it, I just die! Sooooo cute! One of his favorite toys is a little circular rattle that he got as a gift at a shower. He will sit and stare at it forever. He has started to grab things a little bit. If there is a blanket on top of him, he is sure to grab it the entire time and pull on it. I think I am going to start giving him one of his little blankie/love toys to hold onto since he loves to grab at his blanket all the time. He still loves bath time and being outside.

Wells has been a busy bee this month - laughing, grabbing, starting cereal! Month number three has been a good one :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! So cute!!! Are babies are about the same age!!!
    http://www.happilyevermock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!