Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wells is FOUR months!

Well, well, well, here we are again. Another  monthly update (about a week late. oops.). Is it just me or do these things come quicker with every month?! Four months...crazy. 



At the end of his fourth month,Wells...

Weighs:15 lbs and 14 oz as of his 4-month appointment. Yeah, let's just go ahead and round that up to 16lbs :) He is still my big boy, and I love each roll! He is actually only in the 50-60th percentile for weight, which was a shocker (especially when he gained half a pound in the span of 8 days last week!). And he is in the 80th percentile for length; maybe he'll be tall like his Daddy.
Sleeps: I do not even want to talk about it....but I will. Wells has always been SUCH a good sleeper, that is until about 3-4 weeks ago (I guess right after the last monthly update where I raved about him being down to one nightly feeding). All of a sudden, my little sleeping cherub turned into a little lunatic. A lunatic, I tell  you! There were some nights where he literally woke up EVERY. STINKING. HOUR. Apparently, many babies go through a sleep regression phase around 4ish months. That would have been nice to know. Wells has just now pretty much gotten over this little phase (Praise the Lord!). All in all, it lasted about 3 weeks. I am soooooo thankful that he is getting back in to his old routine. Each night he seems to be getting better, and I hope we get back to that once-a-night feed again soon. You truly know you're a mom when you have been up at all hours of the night (literally, ALL hours) and you still feel nothing but happiness when you wake up to that sweet baby in the morning.
Eats: Wells has continued happily eating his cereal, and as of about 2 weeks ago, we started solid foods with the go-ahead from our pediatrician. Let me just say, boy is loving his new foods! I am making all of his baby food right now, and it may just be my new obsession. I am adding spices to many of his foods per a really great website that I found. I want him to learn to like different foods, and so far, he is doing great! So far, Wells has had carrot puree with nutmeg, banana mash, sweet pea puree with parsley, apple puree with cinnamon, and avocado banana puree. We finished our 3-day stint of avocado banana puree today (waiting 3 days before introducing a new food in case of allergies) and will start sweet potatoes with curry tomorrow. Yum! (Side note: I know that we started foods on the earlier end of the spectrum, but we did so with our doctor's permission. I felt that Wells was ready to start foods, and I have learned that, as a mother, you know your child and his/her abilities and limitations best.)
Wears: Surprisingly enough Wells can still fit in many of his 3 month clothes. We have moved into the 3-6 month section of the closet, though :) And he has worn a couple of 6 month items. I am about to have to retire all of the adorable 3 month footie pajamas that I like to dress him in for bed because his feet look like they are about to pop through the fabric! Baby boy is still in a size 2 diaper.
Plays: Such a playful little fella these days! He has gotten very good at grabbing his toys now. When you put a toy in front of him, he immediately grabs it and puts it in his mouth, If you are playing with him, he is full of big smiles. He doesn't laugh all the time, but when you figure out what he finds funny on a certain day and keep doing whatever it is, he will laugh over and over and over again, which is just the best! He has recently discovered his feet, and loves to grab them, especially when he is laying on his back. Wells is still not a big fan of tummy time, but he did roll over (from tummy to back) for the first time while we were at his 4-month checkup. What a show off! He has tried out the Bumbo seat again (after a long boycott) and doesn't seem to mind it too much.  Bath time is still one of his favorite times, and he just cannot get enough of being outside. He loves to stand while someone holds his hands. Once he gets up on his feet, he smiles the biggest, proudest smile. It is the cutest. He is so happy just to stand and/or jump - in fact, he tried the jumparoo today and had a blast! I predict someone is going to be an early walker! :)

My Wells really is growing up so fast. I love watching him explore, learn, play, and grow with each new day. Happy 4 months, my little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!