Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Briggs is TWO months!

Last week, our baby boy turned two months! Time is flying by, and my little guy is getting so big and grown! Here's the latest on Briggs:



He has knocked this cactus over  repeatedly during both monthly photo sessions :)

Weighs:
 As of this week's doctor appointment, this guy is one ounce shy of 14 pounds and is almost 24 inches long! The nurse informed me that he weighs a whole pound more than Wells (our notoriously humongous baby - and still big for his age) weighed at 2 months! So, Briggs went from being our smallest newborn at birth to now the biggest.

Sleeps: Briggs is still a pretty good sleeper throughout the day most of the time. Some days it seems like all he wants to do is sleep, and other days he doesn't sleep as much. He is not on any sort of napping schedule and just sleeps when he wants to apparently! We usually keep him awake during the evening hours, except for the occasional cat nap. We've been laying him down a little earlier at night, and I will usually wake him for a "dream feed" when I go to sleep. He will then wake up about 2 times in the night/early morning after that. He's done two 6-hour stretches in the last couple weeks, which were glorious :) ...let's hope he starts doing it more often!

Eats: Since I started back to work last week (just two days a week), we have kind of figured how much Briggs is eating. He eats about 4-4.5 oz every 3ish hours. But when he is with me, he prefers to eat a lot more often just like his brothers did when they were nursing. I am pumping on the days that I am at work and so far have been pumping more in a session than he eats from a bottle when away from me - so it's great not having to worry about making enough milk!

Wears: I have started cleaning out all newborn clothes from his dresser/closet (#insertallthecryingemojis). The 0-3 month onesies still fit, but the 0-3 month sleepers are getting awfully short in the arms/legs! So, 3-month clothes are the best fit right now. Still squeezing into a size 1 diaper, but we'll be bumping up to a size 2 once we finish off our last couple of boxes.

Plays: He's such a happy and content baby, and he shows it with all his little smiles. His brothers love to see him smile and hear him "talk." He will lay under his activity mat and stare intently at all the hanging toys. As long as he's in a good mood, he will lay on the couch on his boppy pillow and watch all the shenanigans going on around him. Unlike Wells and Grayer as babies, he will happily sit in his swing and bouncy seat. He enjoys bath time now, too, which is great. He is getting more vocal everyday (he was chatting up a storm in the car last night), and I CAN'T WAIT for that first baby laugh!

Briggs brings so much joy to our house. I never dreamed the boys would love him so much, and I know that they can't wait for him to be able to play with them. I guess because he's our last and also because he is such an easygoing, happy boy, I am really getting sad about him growing up! I want him to stay a little baby forever! We love our sweet "Briggsie Wiggsie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!