Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Hello Baby + Hello Summer


Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I was busy having a baby and all! :)


My due date was June 11th, but I had a feeling little man might come a little early. We celebrated Wells' 4th birthday with a party a few weeks early just in case the baby came on a later weekend. We got the party done just in time because I was in labor two days later. We welcomed Briggs Alexander on May 28th. Just like I did with Wells and Grayer, I'll be posting his birth story here on the blog.

So far it has been a great summer! Eric is off of work (perks of the teacher life!), and we are getting to spend lots of quality time together as a family of FIVE! Here's a little of our life lately...

Like I said, we had an early birthday party for Wells. He has been LOVING sea turtles lately, so we had an Under the Sea 4th birthday party for him. He and Grayer had a great time playing with all their friends, and we were all exhausted after all that bounce house/water slide fun!



Two days after that, we headed to the hospital since I was in labor! Later that night, we welcomed baby brother Briggs into the world! We had to stay in the hospital from Monday through Thursday morning (details why in upcoming birth story), so I was BEYOND ready to get back home! Even though they came to visit at the hospital, being away from my big boys for that many nights was hard.

All my boys together!


Settling into life with three kiddos was hard the first couple of days (hello, hormones! haha!), but things have been really great since then. Briggs has been such a good baby, and the boys are doing great adjusting to having a baby in the house.

We've been enjoying time on the boys' new trampoline (but they enjoy it more when we put the sprinkler underneath it because it is HOT outside!), going on bicycle rides, watching some favorite movies, snuggling baby brother, and attending a week of VBS.







Last week, we celebrated Wells' actual birthday by taking a little day trip to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center on Jekyll Island (which is only about 1.5 hours from us). He loved seeing all the turtles, and we stopped by the beach for a little bit on the way home.




So, that's what we've been up to lately! We've got about 5 more weeks of summer left to soak up, and I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip or two to the movies (hello $1 summer movies!), lots of water fun, some ice cream runs, 4th of July fireworks shows, and our trip to the beach (Charleston, SC) with Eric's family. And hopefully I can find the time to get back on the blogging train!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!