Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Favorites!

I have been a little MIA this past week or so, but our Thanksgiving holiday week (and the first part of this week) was filled with two sick kiddos. Can I just say that sick kiddos are NOT a favorite?? Especially when they are both sick at the same time...while traveling...and while seeing family that you only see a few times a year. #reallife

Now on to some favorites!

House Hunting

As I have mentioned a few times, we sold our house back in September. We had another house lined up and ready to close and do renovations on. The plan was to stay in an apartment during the month or so overlap time between the 2 closings. Well, two delays later and then a snafu on the lender's part and then Eric's job change, we decided to part with that house. We were sad but knew it was the best decision to make at the time. All that to say, we are STILL in the apartment. It is less than ideal but totally worth it to find the right house without rushing. We are now back to looking at houses in full swing and hopefully something amazing will happen soon :)

This Snack


Earlier this week, I needed to use an avocado quickly before it turned to mush, but I wasn't trying to get fancy! So, I just mashed it up, mixed in some feta cheese. a dash of garlic salt, and a little bit of lime juice. And then I devoured it with some tortilla chips. It was so good and may be a new favorite snack!

Our Christmas Tree


Due to the aforementioned delayed stay at the apartment, all of our Christmas decorations are in storage...like at the bottom and back of the HUGE mountain of boxes in our unit. So, I had to suck it up and only decorate minimally this year. We decided to go with a small tree (that we have set up on an end table) this year for a couple of reasons. First, because of the apartment, we don't have a lot of room. And secondly, Grayer would be inside the tree and pulling all of the ornaments off if he could reach it. I was not happy about having to buy a another tree, but I LOVE our new one. It is a 4ft Canadian Cashmere tree from Walmart - only $25 and looks so real. I love the muted green and much more real-looking branches than a lot of the artificial trees usually have.

Christmas PJs


I saw these PJs on Amazon and had to get them. Are they not PERFECT for little boys?? Can't wait to check the mail today and see my two guys in them!

Good Neighbors

Yesterday morning as I was headed out with the boys, I noticed the dreaded orange exclamation point on our van dashboard. We had a flat tire (we literally just bought new tires 2 months ago. sigh.). Eric was at work and couldn't come home, and I couldn't even tell you where to find a spare let alone how to change a tire. Enter our sweet neighbor, Mr. Brad. He changed our tire for us in the chilly air and made sure we were good to go. I am planning to take him and his wife some brownies and a homemade card from the boys tonight to say THANK YOU FOR SAVING US!!!

The Tupperware Cabinet


So, picking it all up isn't a favorite, but the boys love dragging out all of the tupperware in the cabinet. And if it gives me a few minutes of uninterrupted cooking, I don't mind (too much. ha!).

This Easy Meal


Okay, it isn't the prettiest or most impressive dish, but goodness is it tasty, cheap, and easy! And if those aren't 3 qualities you want in a weeknight meal, I don't know what are! We had this yummy rice last night, and we all ate it up. 

Augmentin

Yes, as in the antibiotic. Grayer was diagnosed with an ear infection last Monday. Well, I took him to Urgent Care this Tuesday because he was still not feeling well and was running a pretty high fever after 8 days on medicine. Turns out the antibiotic they had originally wasn't working for him. They prescribed augmentin this time around, and my sweet boy was already feeling much better by the next day. 

Wells' Christmas Songs/Sayings

Wells has been singing Christmas songs all week, and I LOVE it. There is nothing cuter than a two-year-old singing about figgy pudding! :) Also, we were reading the Christmas Story in his Bible the other night, and I was telling him that a star appeared. Every time he sees a nativity, now he will say "star appeared," and it melts my mama heart.

We've got a pretty busy couple days ahead, but I am hoping we find a little time to relax. #yeahright
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaErika, & Narci for Friday Favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!