Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Briggs is FOUR Months!

Our boy is growing so fast and is already four months old! He did lots of new things this month, so here we go...




Weighs: As of his four month check-up, Briggs weighs 17 lbs and is 26 inches long! He is in the 85th or so percentile for size (honestly, less than I thought lol). He is such a big boy, and I love it!

Sleeps: Briggs has continued his nap routine of a mid-morning nap that lasts about an hour or so, an early-mid afternoon nap which lasts about 2 hours, and then a short cat nap in the late afternoon. Depending on the day and our schedule, the times and lengths do change a bit, but for them most part, he sticks with the two good naps and one short one. Little mister started sleeping in his own bed this month and has been doing great! He goes to bed around 8pm with his white noise machine (all the boys had one as babies) and a little nightlight, and typically sleeps for about 5 hours, though sometimes an hour or two longer. Sometimes he wakes up another time in the night, but sometimes I have to wake him up to eat before we take Wells to school. (Side note: I'm guessing it's the dreaded four month sleep regression that both other boys went through, but the last few days, Briggs has not wanted to take his usual naps. And he has been waking up more than once at night. Hopefully this phase is over soon because I was really loving having a champion sleeper!)

Eats: He is still a grazer, eating sometimes every two hours when he is with me. On the two days I'm working, he is still eating about 4.5-5oz every three hours. Last week he had his first taste of baby food - purple carrots! A few weeks ago, I started making and freezing some foods - I always loved doing this for the other boys when they were little. So far he's eaten carrots, peas, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and mashed banana. He's doing really well eating with a spoon. Right now, he is just getting about a tablespoon of food - whatever veggie/fruit plus a little bit of breast milk and a dash of cereal.

Wears: Briggs has been wearing 6-month, 6-9-month, and 9-month clothing. We also bumped him up to a size 3 diaper.

Plays: Briggs is really starting to enjoy playing with some of his toys. When we are in the car (which is NOT his favorite place to be!), I usually put a toy in his lap. I usually hand him a toy when he is in his swing/rocker, as well, and it keeps his attention for a while. He loves putting his hands in his mouth, and any toy he's holding goes straight to his mouth, too! He started sitting in his Bumbo seat this month. I put him in it in the playroom and he just watches the boys do whatever crazy thing they're doing. He is such a smiley baby and laughs a good bit now! He also tried out the little doorway jumper this month. He's not jumping a lot yet, but he must just like to be standing because he'll stay in there for a while without getting upset.

Milestones: I already mentioned that he started food and started sleeping in his crib. He has also started rolling over from back to tummy this month. Pretty much any time you lay him down, he rolls. When I go in to check on him in his crib, he has usually rolled over and is sleeping on his tummy. Briggs also went to the church nursery for the first time last week for a small part of the service. He wasn't crying in church, but he wanted to play! So, I took him to the nursery, where he played and then fell asleep.

Briggs is growing up so fast! I wish time would slow down; but I know it won't, so I am enjoying all the baby-ness while it lasts! We love our littlest big guy so much and can't wait to see all the new things he'll do this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!