Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Joining MelSheaffer, and Shea for What's Up Wednesday!


It has been. a. minute. since I blogged (other than the boys' quarterly-ish update posts). Things have been caaaa-razy around here lately - since I last blogged, we finally moved into the new house. And we have been so busy doing projects, etc. that blogging was definitely placed on the back burner.

Also, if we're being honest, I wasn't in a great place for a while there, with a lot of stress and worry, and I kind of made the decision to take a break from blogging. I even stopped reading other blogs because my comparison game was strong, and not in a good way. It is so easy to think that everyone has it all together when you read blogs and feel like you are not good enough, don't have enough, aren't doing enough, etc. I needed to recharge and take a step back to focus on me and my family and not compare our lives to the lives of others. Anyway, I am now starting to get back into reading some of my favorite blogs and wanting to get back into posting regularly (let's be honest, probably semi-regularly), too. So, what better way to start than a What's Up Wednesday post?!

> What We're Eating This Week...
Monday night, we had friends over and I made Shea's BBQ Chicken Rice Bowls. I've made them a few times and always love them! So yummy! Tuesday night we ate at our small group. Tonight, it's going to be Eric's mom's Spanish Rice recipe, another favorite of ours. I'll probably do a crockpot roast with carrots and potatoes tomorrow night, and Friday, we are meeting my parents at Chick-Fil-A for dinner and so the boys can let out all their energy on the playground ;) BUUUTTTT, speaking of cooking, I saw this the other day. How true?!


> What I' Reminiscing About...
A few weeks ago we took my sister up to college for her freshman year.#ifeelsoold ...She is attending Toccoa Falls College like I did (and where Eric and I met). That of course has had me reminiscing about the good ole college days. College was such a fun experience and exactly what an introverted homebody like me needed! Loved it.


> What I'm Loving...
Our little trips to the library lately. Our boys both LOVE to be read to, and I am a big reader, too. I've been more intentional about taking them to the library to check out new books (and the occasional DVD ;)). A number of our local libraries have great kids' rooms for them to play and explore, so that's always a plus!

> What We've Been Up To...
Eric (a special education middle school teacher) started his school year about a month ago, and Wells began his 2-day PreK3 program a few weeks ago as well. It was sad to see summer go, but I do like having somewhat of a routine again. But, we have not been loving getting up early again. Boo. This is what the boys look like when they have to get up and going so much earlier...


> What I'm Dreading...
Hurricane Irma. We are all glue to the updates, trying to figure out what we need to do. If it's a direct impact, we will obviously be heading out of town, but if it veers some and isn't as dangerous as it's looking right now, we may just hunker down. Either way, not gonna be fun. #goawayirma

> What I'm Working On...
Since I last blogged, we have moved into the new house and have been slowly making it a home. I feel like we have always got some sort of project going on. Right now, I am re-purposing two retail display cabinets (that I snagged on Craigslist for $25!) into a media console. I can't wait to get it all done!

> What I'm Excited About...
Fall! I have always loved the coziness of fall and can't wait to decorate the house and get out all the seasonal candles. There's just something about fall, y'all! And speaking of fall, I'm gonna need this mug (found here)...


> What I'm Watching/Reading...
Eric and I have been watching The 100 on Netflix for the last couple of weeks and have been hooked. We just wrapped up Season 4, and I have no clue when Season 5 starts, BUT I CANNOT EVEN WAIT.
As far as books go, I just wrapped up Saving Grace by Jane Green and  The One and Only by Emily Giffin. Recommend them both! I am now starting Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly.

> What I'm Listening To...
I've been making my own playlists on Spotify lately, and I always love browsing other people's stations.

> What I'm Wearing...
It is still HOT HOT HOT in Savannah. So we are still in summer clothes over here, but I am beyond ready for fall clothes...which for us, will probably not happen for another 2+ months. Did I mention it's hot?

> What We're Doing This Weekend...
Depending on what our girl Irma decides to do, we may be evacuating.

> What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
I participate in a local consignment shop 2 times a year, and it is coming up. I always get the best clothes at such good prices, and by consigning items with them, I get to shop earlier than the public. Always one of my favorite times of the year! :) I'm also looking forward to scheduling a date night (or two) with my hubby. It's always so nice to spend some quality, kid-free time together. Please enjoy this awfully grainy selfie of us on our last date (which consisted of delicious Indian food and live music at a local coffee shop).



> What Else Is New...
I mentioned that I am now working part-time for our church, and I really love it. It has been such a blessing to work at a place where I am already invested. God's timing & details were completely perfect - giving me a job so close to our new house, giving me a job with the same hours (only 15 hours/wk) as my last one but with a pay increase. The most important thing to me and Eric is that I get to stay home as much as possible with the boys, and so this was the perfect situation for us.

> What Are Your Best Back-To-School Lunch Ideas/Tips?
Last year in Wells' PreK2 program, we packed snacks, but at his new school this year, the school provides their snacks. So, as of now, I am no longer packing anything. But one thing that I do with Wells in general to get him to eat something he isn't crazy about is to give him a little toothpick/skewer. Kids will eat anything on a stick! Ha! So, I see lots of little fruit or sandwich kabobs in his future, once he's old enough to pack a lunch! :)

Can't wait to read everyone else's posts! It feels good to be back! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!