Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Wells is SIX Months!

 You just sit here and catch up on Wells' 6-month activities while I ponder just where in the world exactly did half a year just go!




Weighs: Since I am doing this a week late, I can report his official 6-month appointment weight. Drumroll please...18lbs 5oz. He is in the 70th percentile for weight and 90th for height. What a little giant I have birthed!

Sleeps: I think that Wells finds it amusing to just switch up his sleeping patterns - you know, just for funsies :) Some nights he only wakes up 1-2 times, and then sometimes he throws a curveball into the mix and wakes up every or almost every hour. Rude. I just read the other day that babies his age are mostly sleeping through the night. My baby, however, just cannot fathom the thought of missing a meal while he sleeps, I guess.

Eats: This kid can put some food away. He is still eating his purees, but we have started a few other things as well. He now eats Puffs and loves them. He can eat tablefood, as well, if it is mushed up or small enough. I will let him bite off bits of banana and avocado, and he does very well. We let him gnaw on a pizza crust the other day, too. He wants to eat big people food SO BAD. But he is so eager that he will bite off more than he can chew (literally) and gag. So, I watch him like a hawk and don't leave his side when he is eating solids. He still loves drinking from a cup if you have one. So, I have started giving him sips of water while he eats his meals so he can get in the habit of doing so and also work on his sipping skills :)

Wears: A wide variety of sizes! He can wear his 6-month clothes, but he can also wear 9-month and 12-month items. He is still in a size 3 diaper.

Plays: Wells is officially sitting up on his own! He had been doing the tripod sit for a couple of weeks. But one day while he was tripod sitting in the nursery playing, he just arched his back and sat up straight like he had been doing it for years. He still loves to bounce. He is laughing up a storm too, which of course we love. Eric acts like a crazy person just to get a laugh out of him - it is the cutest. I am starting to see that Wells has preferences of toys now - there are a few favorites that he prefers over others. He is really at such a fun age right now, and we LOVE playing with him all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!