Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nursery Reveal

The nursery is finished!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Let me say that while I have thoroughly enjoyed decorating the baby's nursery, I am so glad that it is now finished! I like being able to walk in (which I do more often than may be totally normal :)) without a million to-do's jumping into my brain.

Once we found out that we were having a boy, I knew I wanted a neutral-colored safari nursery. I think that part of this stems from the fact that my husband spent the first part of his childhood in Africa (as a missionary kid). He loves telling stories of Africa and all of his adventures. I know that the baby will love hearing these stories, just like I do. And it feels like a sweet connection that the two of them will share. Does that make sense? Am I being too mushy about a nursery theme (I am 9 months pregnant, you know. So it's allowed.)?

Anyway, please enjoy the pictures from our little man cub's nursery! Details at the bottom.





















Bedding: In the Mix (in Khaki) from The Land of Nod
Faux Sheepskin Rug: Ikea
Large giraffe: Melissa & Doug (but I got mine for $15 at a consignment sale. Woop!)
Zebra mount: HomeGoods (stripped and repainted)
Rocking Chair: Family furniture, repainted
Receiving blankets: TJ Maxx
Animal canisters: DIYed. So easy, and I love how they turned out!
Elephant art (Just to be with you...): Target
Lantern: Ikea
Dresser: Family furniture, repainted.
Bookshelves: Spice racks from Ikea
Toy bin: Ross
Frames on wall: thrifted, Michaels, and Ikea
Be Brave Little One Artwork: DIYed with elephant graphic
Felt animals: DIYed with this pattern
Wooden animals: Babies R Us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!